Thursday, July 22, 2010

Do it Yourself-Liposuction (1.4 Pound at a Time)


As I was climbing out of the shower I noticed something: my belly has actually shrunk a couple of inches.

Used to be that I had to turn sideways and wedge in with a pop and applause (my own) when I finally squeezed this chubby little body grampuncular in for a wash, soap and cleanse.

This morning---wow! Clearance!!!

It's true-- I may be gaining and losing that yo yo pound a half--but I noticed less of me--the inches are going down.

All that dinner table sacrifice and walking with Tim 2-3 miles every day is paying off -- !

If you are struggling with the bulbous enemy of your heart that precedes you every where-- and floats above water like a frowning white whale; if you are one of us--take heart! Liposuction done gently day by day for all the happy reasons that will prolong your life CAN BE DONE!

Let the woulda-coulda-shouldas go by. Ask yourself, like you did your kids (and get to ask your gramkid on your regular cell phones):

1. Where are you, right now.

2. What are you doing right now?

3. What are you doing about right now?

Concentrate on the day to day and the long term.

Let thoughts and discussions of the negative..the stresses and what's not working.

Remember that we ALWAYS compare our selves to others--using their best selves and victories...and our worst selves and failures.

The old idea that you can conquer fear of speaking by imagining the audience sitting there in their underwear-- By the way, make it realy drab grey underwear so you won't be concentrating on EXACTLY how they look!

Imagine yourself thinner. (Images from the past help a lot. I have a little 3x8" glossy black and white of my old high school body in a svelte black swim suit, fists clenched and stomach flatter than I can remember. Psychologists say we dream based on images. Try that!

In the meantime, enjoy the simplest of pleasures like going in and out of a narrow shower door without having to suck in up to wedge inside. I did--and I will again! JWC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please register, add your comment and receive the GiT e-mail Newsletter